We Protect The Legal Rights Of Motorists
In New Jersey and New York, a driver can be arrested if an officer believes that he or she is driving under the influence of drugs. For drug-related DUI charges, it is important to note that:
- Some drugs can stay in your system for weeks, long after they have ceased to have any impact on functioning.
- There is not a clearly defined relationship between the presence of certain drugs in a person’s body and that person’s impairment with regard to the operation of a motor vehicle.
- A driver can face separate drug possession charges stemming from a traffic stop.
- Many arrests are made because an officer claims to smell marijuana in a vehicle — or based on other observations that may be highly subjective.
- The presence of many drugs and drug metabolites in a person’s blood or urine, even in supposedly high levels, is not illegal in itself.
Our experienced DUI attorneys have helped many satisfied clients, and we will help you achieve the best possible results in your driving under the influence of drugs matter. Call anytime, day or night, for a FREE consultation.
New Jersey DUI Prescription Drugs
At Sutnick & Sutnick Attorneys at Law, with offices in Hackensack, Wayne and the Bronx, our attorneys know how to defend motorists accused of driving under the influence of drugs in both New Jersey and New York. We have handled countless cases involving drivers who tested positive for controlled substances, including their own prescription drugs. We are not a general practice law firm; we concentrate our work on criminal defense and traffic violations defense.
If you or a loved one was arrested for a serious driving violation, we can help you. Our firm has helped countless drivers reach favorable outcomes in all types of DUI/DWI cases.